Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The birth of my jewel business

It all started two years ago when I visited one of my associates to discuss about a magazine.

I found that she was creative and when I complimented her on her paintings she also showed some costume jewellery that she made.

I was totally in awe because those things I have seen only in emporiums.
I asked her if she teaches how to make jewellery and she said no.

I returned disappointed for two reasons. One because she said that she did not teach. The other because I could not afford to buy that piece of jewellery. It was priced exorbitant.

I forgot about that but still those gemstones and findings kept cropping up in my mind.
Being research oriented, I started searching the internet. Did not know where to start!

First I was searching for sterling silver findings ( I know now that the name is findings, earlier I did not know. There are so many jewellery jargons that you need to know before learning manufacturing of jewellery)
I found so many shops in Jaipur that sells that. The website of the seller was colorful and I found that the bead caps (again I did not know that they were called bead caps and seed beads) my friend had used in her jewellery was there in the shop!

I was so thrilled. My journey started there. For more than a year I spent time reading about jewellery and the business.

Two reasons to go into jewellery business; whether gold or costume or fashion jewellery.

As far as women exist in this world, they are going to wear jewellery.
Two, as soon as the girl baby as small as three years starts to recognize things , it starts admiring jewels. (Typical trait of women) So jewellery will cater to all age groups.




1 comment:

  1. I really feel this is really useful information, can you share your knowledge through a training program which could help lot others who are looking out same as you?

    ReplyDelete